CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 3, 2007

Roadside Assistance

Last night, I was driving home from Hudson (about a 45 minute drive), and was perfectly exhausted. I had a very long, busy day. About half way home, Sophia suddenly started wailing. She has been sick for the past two weeks, and has been having difficulty breathing through all the snot. I was absolutely not in the mood to listen to her sob the whole way home, so I pulled off at the nearest exit, put her nuk back in her mouth and promised her everything would be okay. Off we went. About a mile down the road, the nuk flew out and another round of wailing came with it. Again, I pulled off on the upcoming exit to calm her. At this point, I was already getting frustrated, because I did not want to stop at every exit between Maplewood and Hugo. When the car came to a stop, I suddenly remembered that I do not need to do this alone. I laid my hand on Sophia's head and prayed. I asked God to calm her and bring comfort to her little body. I asked God to take away her sickness and help her to breath easy, so she could get the rest she needs.

She slept the whole way home.

What an amazing God we serve. So many times, He is waiting to help me-- waiting for me to remember to ask. But so many times, I don't. So many times, I forget. I have been learning so much about God, and so much about myself since becoming a mother. I am more and more in awe of Him with each passing day.

4 comments:

erin said...

Cool. Thanks for sharing, friend.

Cara said...

What a neat story. Let's adjust poor Sophia, and clear that snot!

Anonymous said...

What a great story. Sophia is so blessed to have you for her mommy:)
Mary

NoOtherName said...

You gave me goosebumps, Naomi. So cool to hear what God is teaching one of his newest Mommas :)