CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dedication

We are having Sophia dedicated this weekend, October 21, at the 8:45 service on Sunday. I am feeling a mix of emotion as this important event draws near. Jared and I are eager to commit Sophia's life into the Lord's hands, because we know that she belongs to Him, and that He will take better care of her than we ever could. At the same time, however, this is an extremely difficult thing to do wholeheartedly. We just received the best gift of our entire life (Sophia), and now we are publicly saying it is okay if God wants to take her back. That is hard. That is really hard. But it is something that is extremely important to us, and we just need to trust God to perform His will over her life, knowing that His will is best for her. We want the best for her. God can give that to her.

2 comments:

erin said...

I'm proud of you! I'm looking forward to committing, with the congregation, to do my best to help raise her in the ways of the Lord.
I can't WAIT for the service!

Katie R. said...

It is sooo hard to do, but I think God understands how you feel.