CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 11, 2008

Splish Splash!

Sophia went swimming for the first time yesterday morning! We brought her to the YMCA and met my mom and Anna. Unfortunately, the kiddy pool (which is of course ten times warmer than the big pool) was closed. Some kiddo had a poo poo in the kiddy pool the night before and they must have triple shocked it. It was scheduled to open at 8:30am. We arrived at 9am, and it was still closed. We swam until 10:00, and when we left, it still had twice the acceptable chlorine level to be open. Oh well. We had lots of fun splashing and swimming in the big pool. Sophia did surprisingly well, despite the cold temperature of the water-- better than her momma in fact. I finally got so cold that I got out. I bundled up Soph and we went into the family dressing room and took a warm shower together.
I am so happy that Sophia loves the water so much. The highlight of her evening is always bath time. As a young girl, I was terrified of the water, so I am glad she is already so comfortable in it.


3 comments:

erin said...

Oh my gosh! What a cute swimsuit! Did the plastic pants fit?

Naomi said...

Yes! They were perfect! Thank you so much!

Ariel said...

She is so adorable. This sounds dorky, but, really, I can't believe how big she is!