CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 11, 2008

Side Sleeper


We have been experiencing some trouble getting Sophie to sleep on her own. She is such a cuddler and loves to be held while she sleeps. So we have been trying to put her down in the bassinet while she is still drowsy, but not yet asleep. I would lay her on her back, but every time I would take my arms away, her eyes would would pop open so wide they nearly looked bulbous. Then she would lie there and look around, wide awake for a few minutes before bursting into tears. This obviously was not working.


Last night, something clicked in my brain. She always sleeps best on her side when I am holding her. Perhaps it would carry over to the bassinet as well. So I laid her on her side, and wedged a bolster pillow behind her back, so she wouldn't roll over. She had a death grip on my hand, but she fell asleep! I grabbed her pink teddy blankie and quickly replaced it for my hand. A few minutes later, I peeked over the edge of the cradle and saw the sweet sight of closed eyes, and listened to the soft whisper of her deep breathing.


"Ahhhhh." (The satisfied sound that escaped my lips as I drifted off to dreamland.)

2 comments:

erin said...

Cool!!! Good thinking, Nene!

Cara said...

We have a side sleeper baby pillow thingy that you can "try before you buy" if you want!