CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 22, 2008

Rough Start

We moved into Jared's dad's house on Wednesday night. This is the beginning of our 1-year plan. As I anticipated, it has been somewhat of a rough transition for Sophia... at night. I believe she knows our home, and feels comfortable and relaxed there. It will probably take awhile for her to adjust to our new home.

My brilliant plan was to use the pack 'n play as a crib until we are able to transfer her crib to Gary's. Yeah, that's not going to work. The pack 'n play has two mattress levels. When it is on the lower one, it is way too low to lay her down without nearly dropping her (much less waking her up)! The higher level is at a good height, but is suspended in such a way that is sways back and forth like a hammock, making a ruckus every time she moves, which also wakes her up.

There is the bassinet option. She barely fits anymore. She is too tall. It can be done, but when I lay her in it, there is no extra room for me to get my arm out from under her. So, if I stood over her bassinet all night that option could be a winner. But alas, not happening.

So there's the bed. The double bed. Me. Jared. Sophia. And the arm she's laying on. All fast asleep in the bed. Sigh.

1 comments:

erin said...

Ouch.
Good luck, babe. She'll relax soon.