CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sick Day


Yesterday afternoon, Sophia started coughing. It was nothing too serious, but it was obvious a cold was brewing. Last night, when we were getting ready for bed, she got very congested. Her coughing got much worse, and before long it got so bad that she threw up. This was no normal baby spit-up. It was throw up. She was exhausted and went to sleep by 9:30. An hour later, she started to stir, so I went in to check on her. She felt like a furnance. I stripped off her blanket sleeper, and rushed her into a cooler room (hers is heated warmer than the rest of the house). I took her temp and it was 101.9! I scurried around the house looking for the infant tylenol, and of course, couldn't find it. So Jared threw his pants on and rushed to the store. By the time he returned, her fever was down to 100.7. An hour later, the fever was gone, and she was out cold. This morning, a little fever returned of 99.5, and she is still coughing and congested.

I have been feeling very crampy and nauseous today, so we are having a sick day together on the couch, cuddled up with with pillows and blankets.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Aw, Hope you both feel much better very soon.

erin said...

Oh, NO!
It's all my fault, I just know it.

Unknown said...

There is a bug going around. Lots of people at my work-them and their kids-have been getting high fever and cough.