CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

24 Weeks

We had a great time at Andy and Shannon's wedding this past weekend! We even signed the guest book "Jared, Naomi and Baby!" It is fun to know there is already three people in our family, even though we have not met little #3 yet.

The traveling went better than I expected. I was able to remain semi-comfortable on both plane rides. I did experience some mild cramping throughout the weekend however, which caused me some concern. I also have been experiencing nosebleeds more frequently. I have only had 1-2 nosebleeds in my life prior to these past few months. After discussing these things with my midwife, however, I am assured that I am in no danger and experiencing normal symptoms.

I am elated that the pool in our development is now open, and that the weather has been warm and sunny! Swimming and water aerobics have quickly become a favorite form of exercise! I didn't remember how much work it is to swim! I get a good work-out and stay cool and refreshed at the same time!


I was informed at our prenatal check-up yesterday that at my next appointment I get to take the glucose challenge. Yay. This is a test where they make you drink a syrupy liquid, sit there for an hour, and then take blood samples. It tests for gestational diabetes. Following that appointment, I start seeing the midwives every two weeks rather than just once a month. We also realized that our "Preparing for Birth" class starts in only 4 weeks! The time is flying by quickly these days!

3 comments:

kristi noser said...

I'm glad you had a good trip to see Andy and Shannon. Congrats to them!
On a different subject, Hannah had a really good idea as we were reading your blog. She said you should save all these posts in a book for the baby. Wouldn't that be cool?

Naomi said...

Yes! That is a great idea! Especially since I have not been doing very well at writing in my pregnancy journal. Thanks!

erin said...

Such a big change between week 23 and 24! I hope you are starting to feel a little more confident about your looks because you look great!
Time is flying by! I can't believe it!