CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

23 Weeks

Disagreeable Changes


My body has been going through a lot of change lately, and my feelings on the whole situation have not been able to keep up. This week has been a difficult one on an emotional, female-image level. As a woman, I want to feel pretty, attractive, exciting, etc. I have had a very hard time this week adjusting to my new pregnant figure. I do not feel most of the aformentioned qualities. This is not a pity party, but merely another stage of my pregnancy that I believe is relevant to share.


*****************

Of course, I would never trade this amazing miracle just so I could feel pretty. I will regain my old figure (with a few modifications) AND have this precious little baby too! Who could ask for a better deal? I just need to be patient!


***************
I went to Woodwinds this week to pick up my prenatal history records to travel with (to New Jersey). The midwife recommended that I should always travel with these records from now on, just in case anything happens while I am away.




*****************
Anyways, it was really interesting to browse through the documents and see the notations that the midwives had made, the results of the various tests I've had performed, and the report given by the radiologist on the health of our baby according to the ultrasound. I started reading through the radiologist's report, and suddenly started sweating and became very nervous, thinking that I may stumble accross the gender of our baby, since part of his job was to make sure the genitalia was present and healthy as well. Of course I could not rip my eyes from the page, and after reading through the whole document, I was flooded with relief (and a little disapointment) after discovering he had refered to the baby as "a single live fetus." So we will still have a big surprise on baby's birthday afterall!

***************
Well, I am off to throw together a bag for our trip to Andy and Shannon's wedding in New Jersey this weekend! We still don't know if we are leaving tonight or tomorrow! Flying stand-by is SO WONDERFUL.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naomi! I LOVE reading your updates; it's so fun to read and learn about pregnancy. Anyways, I just wanted to say I think you are radiant and beautiful regardless of how you feel!! The only way I can tell you're pregnant is from your tummy. That is something to be very proud of :)