CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

22 Weeks



Baby Kicks
I have been feeling Precious kicking away for a few weeks now, but Jared got to feel the subtle jolt of our kicking baby this week for the first time! It was about 3AM, and I was lying on my side sleeping, and woke up to a thrashing baby. I instantly grabbed Jared's hand and plastered his fingertips on the baby's apparent bullseye. He was instantly awake, waiting in expectancy to feel even the slightest movement.
After about 10 seconds, baby sent another jolt through my belly. I did not say anything, because I wanted to see if he could truly feel it himself. Just as I felt the kick, Jared gasped and exclaimed, "I felt it!" The baby kicked again twice in the following minute, and after each thrust, Jared cried out in excitement!


On Sunday, we had a picnic dinner at my parents' house, during which Anna was able to feel a subtle kick as well. Baby was not as active that day, and the kick not as pronounced. Anna was excited nonetheless.


My pregnancy has still been going extremely well, with very little to complain about. I have not been sick once to date. I have not yet experienced any water retention or swelling. I have not had strong food aversions, nor cravings. Really I have just been more tired than usual, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to maneuver with my growing belly. I have also noticed that singing for long periods of time (i.e. church worship time) robs me of breath quickly, and I end up needing to sit down for the final few songs, exhausted. Also, I can definatley relate to the comic strip! I have been SO FORGETFUL and SO CLUMSY!


I thought it would be fun to share some of the wives tales that everyone has been showering upon us regarding their prediction as to the gender of our baby!

  • If your husband's family (siblings) has more boys than girls, you are more likely to have a boy. If there are more girls, you will probably have a girl.
  • If people can tell you are pregnant by looking at you from behind, you will have a girl. If they cannot tell from behind, it will be a boy.
  • If your pregnancy is easy, it is probably a boy.
  • If your pregnancy is easy, it is probably a girl.
  • If you look great during your pregnancy, it is a boy. If you look like crap, it is a girl, because all the beauty is going into the baby.
  • For every 1,000 girls born, there are 1,049 boys born, so you have a greater chance of having a boy.
  • If the baby's heartrate is slow, then it is a boy, if it is fast, it is a girl.

If you have any more to share with us, we would love to hear them!

2 comments:

Katie R. said...

I remember something about the babies bpm. If it's slow then he's a boy if it's fast then she's a girl.

I once left a brand new gallon of milk out on the counter all day when I was pregnant with Isaiah. I had forgotten to put it back in the fridge after breakfast.

Naomi said...

Oh yes! I forgot that one, but we have heard it several times too. I will add it to the list! Thanks!