CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 12, 2007

28 Weeks


I have found myself daydreaming more frequently now about the end. I like to think about the excitement of going to the hospital, knowing that when we come home, there will be another little Nourse in the car with us. I like to think about all the ways that Jared will try to support me through the intense pains of labor. I like to dream about after the baby is born, and seeing all the visitors' faces light up at the sight of our new little one. I also ponder the not-so-lovely aspects, like how long my labor will be, how intense the pain will be, if there will be any complications, if everything will go smoothly, if there will be room at the hospital, etc. The end is getting closer with each passing day, and my excitement is growing at the same rate.


As for the pregnancy, I have been pretty uncomfortable this week as my uterus expands more rapidly. Every time I tell people that I am uncomfortable now, they laugh at me and say "Just wait!" Well, ugh, I am already uncomfortable enough. It has become more of a challenge to maneuver myself in and out of bed, and bending over for any reason is not a pleasant sight. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the need to run for the bathroom (to pee), only to release a few small, annoying drips. Over the past few days, I have been encountering a constant, crampy ache across my lower abdomen. After 24 hours and the ache had not subsided, I called the midwife on-call. I explained my symptoms and she told me that is more than likely sore ligaments, which are like rubber bands and in charge of holding the uterus in place. When the uterus grows rapidly and gets heavier, the ligaments stretch and that causes them to ache. Last night, Cara was my hero and massaged my ligaments for me (a technique she learned in chiropractor school), and the pain is much lighter today!
Today is the glucose test check-up. Jared and I are going to Woodwinds after he gets off work, and will be there for about an hour while they monitor my blood-sugar levels to determine whether or not I have gestational diabetes. Before we leave today, we will schedule the remaining appointments for the rest of the pregnancy, and I will start visiting the midwife every two weeks from now on. Then next Tuesday, we start our Preparing for Birth class! Things are starting to move rapidly now!

5 comments:

erin said...

This is getting so exciting!
It seems like you have changed a lot between 27 and 28. You look beautiful.
Please let me know if I can make you any more comfortable!

rt said...

Every pregnancy is different but "they" say you can get some pretty good insight from how your mother's labor and delivery went. If you are able to talk to her it might be worth finding out. My labors were not exactly like my Mom's but I did get some good insight and they weren't far. On the side .. the blond look definitely adds to the glow!

Anonymous said...

Ne-
I am glad the pains have lessened a bit. How is the heartburn? Just remember that the more uncomfortable you are, the closer you are to THE DAY! It is all an experience, and in no time at all, you will be pain-free, belly-free, sleep-free (yikes!), and a proud Mommy! Can't wait for the day--let me know what I can do to help you along the way! :)

<3 CARA

erin said...

p.s. Nice necklace.

Anonymous said...

wink, wink

;)