CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 6, 2007

32 Weeks

This week has not been much different than the previous few weeks. Here are my general thoughts:



  • Sleep still eludes me.

  • My energy level is at Medium. I do not tire quite as easily as before, which is nice!

  • I have not had heartburn at all this week!

  • I fill up very fast when eating, and often get tummy aches afterwards.

  • I miss caffeinated beverages (especially iced coffee!)

  • I have not gotten any stretch marks yet.

  • The top of my tummy often gets sore. (Which, actually, I believe is from my bra rubbing on it. Sad.)

  • Despite everyone telling me how small I am for 32 weeks, I feel huge and uncomfortable!

  • Going up stairs at any pace is guaranteed to cause a contraction.

  • I have exactly 3 pairs of pants that still fit me. Don't expect much variation when you see me.


We have been preparing for the arrival of the wee babe in several ways. We continue to enjoy the Preparing for Birth class we are attending. We have learned all about:



  1. Signs of labor

  2. How to properly time a contraction

  3. When to go to the hospital

  4. Stages of labor

  5. Relaxation methods to work through contractions

  6. The birth process

  7. Informed consent for pain medications

  8. How a c-section works

We also got a tour of the maternity care center at Woodwinds, which was very interesting since I had not seen it before. We even saw the exact room in which we will bring Presh into the world (as there is only one waterbirth room). We were told that as soon as I give birth, we will be moved to a regular room, to open up the waterbirth room for anyone else coming in.


We have also been preparing for baby at home. On Thursday, Jared and I worked in the nursery hanging up wall decorations, washing blankets and baby clothes, and packing our hospital bag! There are definitely more preparations to be made, but I do still have eight weeks left. I am pretty satisfied with the progress we have made, especially after listening to the majority of the other couples in our Birth class who have not even started on a nursery yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking great...still! My advice: You seem adament that you have 8 weeks. Remember, it could be anywhere from 5-10 weeks yet! 37 is considered full-term, but some will let you go 2 weeks over! Presh will come ONLY when he/she is ready, so don't get set on your due date! I can't wait..... :)

Katie R. said...

No stretch marks? sigh...... I'm very glad for you. I was not so fortunate. You are looking super even if you are feeling larger. I don't know you personally but I do know Jared's family and am so excited for all of you. You're almost done.

erin said...

I think you look absolutely beautiful, friend!
Show us some pics of the nursery with stuff on the walls!