CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Baby Shower!

The baby shower yesterday was wonderful, though it didn't go quite as planned...

I reserved the party room at our community center about 3 months ago for Saturday, August 25th, from 9am-4pm. I arrived yesterday morning at 8:45 to start setting up, but no one was there to unlock the building. No biggie, I was 15 minutes early. I waited in my car until 9:05 and then went back to check the door. Still no one. I carried all my supplies from the car and set them outside the door. Wait. 9:15. Now I am getting panicked, as all my guests are arriving at 10am. My dad calls and I begin to bawl, spilling the details of the situation. I called Jared and he found the phone number of the community services director. I called it, and it rang inside the empty community center. My parents arrived then. 9:30. We do everything we can, but no one is answering any calls, and no one is showing up to unlock the building. 9:45. We make the decision to set up outside next to the pool. As we are frantically running around trying to throw together a make shift party area, guests start arriving. Everyone was so wonderful and pitched in to help set up. By 10:20, we are ready and most of the guests have arrived. Erin started up the games for us, and we all enjoyed some yummy treats, silly games and lots of smiles as the sun shone down on our little gathering.
God really blessed me through this shower. He gave me beautiful weather, reminded me of what amazing and supportive family and friends I have, and showed me that even when things don't go as planned, he still has it under control.
When Erin first arrived and saw how frantic I was, she gathered me up in a big hug and said, "This is going to be fine! This will be a hilarious story to tell your baby some day!" She was right. It will make for some really great memories.

Here are some pictures from the day:


Gift Table

Food Table, Erin starting the games! (Thank you Erin!!)


DIAPER BAG RELAY RACE!!!






WINNERS!


Some of the girlies having a feel!

5 comments:

kristi noser said...

Dear Sarah,
Next time please don't blow up your balloon too much so it doesn't fit in your shirt and I feel compelled to trade balloons with you and look like a huge--and I mean huge--freak.
kristi

erin said...

Did you EVER hear from the community center people?
It turned out to be a beautiful shower! I don't think half the guests even knew that something went wrong!

erin said...

Also, I can't believe you made us play that game.

Naomi said...

Hell of a good time, wasn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Great shower! Fun had by all (except me, trying to keep Emma off of you!). I am so glad that you got such nice things to shower your baby with. Oh, and I liked the shower by the poolside--it was a nice touch!

Love ya,
~CARA