CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 26, 2007

35 Weeks

My clothes are all getting too tight! Ah! What is a pregnant girl to doooo? I only have a few weeks left, so it seems pointless to buy any new maternity clothes. But on the other hand, one must clothe themselves! I am not is such a dire situation that I have nothing to wear, but the choices have become very limited. I am ecstatic to be done and meet our little miracle (and regain a body I can handle!)


It really is a hilarious sight to watch me maneuver and roll, twist and turn and grunt, just to get out of bed. Jared giggles at me daily as I grunt and huff while simply going about very normal daily activities. I have tried to convince him repeatedly that these noises of discomfort that escape me are entirely involuntary, but he just giggles more. I am pretty sure he doesn't believe me. Because then he breaks into a series of grunts himself, and turns to wink at me. It's all in love. He tells me everyday how cute I am, and he loves to help me with any task I may find a little too challenging. Like picking up the sandwich I just dropped on the floor, or putting away a cup that belongs in a shelf that's at eye level. I really am becoming slightly pathetic. I feel like the baby has taken over my body completely. But then when I gaze down at the bowling ball under my shirt, I have a hard time believing that an entire baby actually fits in there!
Let me just tell everyone reading right now: Pregnancy is the union of God's humor and his unspeakable power all wrapped up in one tummy. The things that happen to a woman during pregnancy are hilarious at times, but the end result is one of the most beautiful miracles God gives us. I am so happy that I have had this experience, and been able to laugh at the humor of it all, and anticipate the beautiful gift waiting for us at the end. Without these things, pregnancy would be just unbearable!

0 comments: