CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

34 Weeks

This week has continued the spiral downward, moving farther and farther away from comfort. I will say though that Jared brought me to get a one-hour massage tonight for our anniversary, and it was PURE BLISS. I have not felt that comfortable and relaxed for months!

As of last week, I noticed that it has become very uncomfortable to lay on my back at all. Sometimes I wake up at night lying flat on my back, with the weight of my belly pressing down on me and it actually gives me a stomach ache. The increasing weight of my belly has been very noticeable to me the past few weeks. Between week 32 and 33, I grew tremendously, and I don't think I have stopped since then! My center of gravity is way off, and I have a hard time keeping my balance, and an even harder time bending over! I believe my walk is beginning to hint at a waddle.


As I said, I have gotten my first stretch marks. Here they are plain as day. Oh poop.

I got a good tip from the lady that massaged me though... she recommended putting pure vitamin E oil on the stretch marks to reduce their appearance. I think I will try it!


As for symptoms this week, I have experienced a lot of heartburn. Sometimes I get it from merely drinking a glass of water. How pathetic! My lower back pain has returned as well, so I have been doing my best to stretch every night. I am filling up faster than ever now. I only need to eat a few forkfuls before I reach "stuffed" status. Then, of course, I am back to starving within two hours. My feet continue to ache as they carry the brunt of the weight;)

No more nosebleeds though! I have not had one in about a month now. That is a nice development!

We went to Mom and Dad's this week to pick up our nursery dresser! My dad told us the history behind the 80 to 90-year-old piece of furniture, and how it was used as a tool box in the garage when he was growing up. Several years later, it was bound for the dumpster, but he rescued it and refinished it. Each of the kids in my family had a turn with it, and now it was sitting empty in the basement. Time to start the cycle all over again! We are very happy and proud to have this final piece of furniture to complete our nursery!

We had our first baby shower this past weekend! It was a family shower, hosted by my Aunt Wendy and Grandma Edie. God blessed us so much with everyone's generosity! On top of all the booties, bath towels, blankets and diapers, we received our travel system, complete with infant car seat, base seat, and full size stroller. What a BLESSING a family's love and generosity is!

My 34 week check-up is tomorrow. I will report on how it goes.

2 comments:

erin said...

The stretch marks aren't too bad!
The finish line is in sight!
You look beautiful as ever. Keep us posted on the check up today--I'll be praying for you.
Love you!

Carla said...

I think you are doing great! I had heartburn. Forever it seems. I used baking soda and water and it did the trick. Best wishes to you.