CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 16, 2007

Finding Out




After realizing I was late having my period and that my temperature was unusually high (as we could see on our Natural Family Planning chart), Jared and I took a pregnancy test on Friday, January 19, 2007. We waited the appropriate amount of time, and after seeing only one line, we threw away the test and thought nothing more of it. We weren't pregnant. After a few days and my period being over a week late, we took another test the following Tuesday. We looked at the test and saw a barely visable line in the pregnant box. Jared looked at it with disgust and asked, "What? Does this mean you are kind of pregnant?" We waited two more days, and then took another test, hoping for some clarity. With the same results of an almost unnoticeable line in the pregnant box, we were confused and a little frustrated at the undecisive results. Three tests and we still did not have an answer!

Do YOU see the faint lines? Nearly impossible, eh?
So we marched to the computer. After researching on the internet and realizing that any line no matter how faint it is, is a positive, we sat back in silence to take it all in. I think we both had a hard time believing it was true. Even though we had planned on having a baby soon, it still came as a shock! So that night we went to Wal-Mart and bought one of the most expensive tests available. We wanted to be SURE. After going through the check-out line, I ran directly into the bathroom and took the test. Within seconds, two pink lines showed up clearly! I came out of the bathroom beaming, and showed Jared the test. I tucked it safely away in my purse, along with the empty box it came in. We were blissfully on our way out of the store, when the security beepers started sounding loudly! An employee stopped us and dug through our shopping bag. Confused at finding nothing that would set it off, she asked to see our receipt. Immediatly she spotted the pregnancy test on the receipt and asked where it was. Sheepishly, I dug my hand into my purse and retracted the test. How getto are we?!? We took a pregnancy test in the local Wal-Mart! Ha ha! She smiled and let us go as soon as she saw it.

We had plenty of time to let it sink in, because the day we found out, my dad left for a 15 day trip to India. We had to keep quiet until he returned. During that time, we stormed up ideas as to how to break the news to everyone. Here is what we came up with!


We are...




(We are... Prego!)


We were finally able to tell everyone in early February by giving them a copy of this picture!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The jar of Prego is a great idea!! If/when i get pregnant again, I am totally copying :)