CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 9, 2007

37 Weeks

My Braxton Hicks contractions have increased considerably over the past week. I have been getting them several times per day, usually following a spurt of activity. Laughing hard always brings them on as well.


The baby is so big now that it constantly pushes on my ribs, which gets very uncomfortable. It has also recently developed the habit of kicking my ribs and pelvis bones. That baby has one strong kick, cuz it hurts sometimes!


My stretch marks continue to sting as my belly grows larger with each passing day. I have been rubbing Vitamin E oil on them several times per day now, since it relieves the itch and burn.


I have encountered several people over the past week who have asked my due date, and then when they find out it is 3 weeks away, look at my belly in utter disbelief and proceed to tell me that that can't be possible because my belly is so small. Let me tell you folks, my belly is NOT small. It is heavy, painful, uncomfortable and very, very LARGE compared to what it was. To be perfectly honest, my belly looks small because my boobs are so huge and it doesn't stick out much farther then they do. If I were to hoist up these knockers and show you where my ribs are buried, you would be able to see just how big my belly truly is, and I think all these disbelieving onlookers would sing a different tune.


I have been struck with a new found urgency to be prepared for little Presh. I did the final load of baby laundry today, and smiled in excitement as I folded all the tiny onesies, socks, blankets, and burp cloths. Also, I have been pouring over the name book again this week, desperate to make sure we have the best possible names chosen for our dear babe. It is hard for me to believe that the end is so near. It seems like I have been pregnant for so long, and it is unreal that we will see the result of the past nine months, in only a matter of weeks!


Right now, the poll regarding the sex of our baby is almost exactly evenly split. I want to hear your guess. Boy or girl? I promise you will have an answer within a few weeks!

10 comments:

Cara said...

Boy for sure..... I, too, thought your belly looked small, UNTIL you pulled your shirt up all the way so that I could see where your ribs originate. The pictures don't do justice. You have such a small frame, and from the midst of your tiny ribcage emerges a GINORMOUS belly. I know your pains..... Hang in there--it will all be over soon, and your life will NEVER be the same again (for the better, of course!). I can't hardly wait! :)

erin said...

Did you ever get that support belt?
I think you look absolutely beautiful, and I mean it. You don't LOOK uncomfortable, which is really good. My mom made me promise that I wouldn't act like I was dragging around my sorry rear at the end of my pregnancy. You're definitely NOT doing that! : )
Also about the ribs and the knockers and such...I think we're going to need better photos.

kristi noser said...

I concur. How can we really be sure? Although your words do paint an interesting picture...

Thank you Kathaleena for that sage advice. I've said it a million times and will say it again: pregnancy is not an illness!

Naomi said...

Have I been treating it like an illness? Do I complain a lot? I am very sorry if that is the way it sounds. I see this pregnancy as a amazing miracle and blessing. I am uncomfortable as a state of being at this point, but I never wanted it sound like a burden I must carry. I do, however, look forward to reading over this blog in the years to come and remember what it was like to be pregnant, and thus have tried to record everything as accurately as possible.

erin said...

No, you don't seem ill at all!
I think you're doing a great job!
I forgot to vote yesterday on boy or girl.
I have to say, I voted BOY at your party, but I honestly am starting to think that it might just be a girl.
Do you think your daughter will object to marrying my son, even if he's a couple months younger?
I mean, it's only natural for our families to FINALLY converge, isn't it?

kristi noser said...

Not you! OMS I SO didn't mean you!

Naomi said...

Haha! I love the glare off my belly.

Anonymous said...

I still think little Presh is a boy. I can't hardly wait to your little sweetheart! Not too much longer and I agree with Erin; I think you look absolutely beautiful.

Sarah

Carla said...

I am so bad at the guess the sex game. I was wrong. 4 times. So if I think it's a boy it will be a girl and if I think it's a girl then it's a boy. There I'm covered.

Carla said...

Naomi,
I just have to say that you look wonderful! You are all baby! How is it that my rearend grew as big as my belly?