CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

36 Weeks


Can you even believe it? I am in the month of my due date! Only 25 days to go!! With the way the past few weeks have been going, this baby is going to be our my arms before we know it!

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday morning. I give Jared kudos for waking up at 7:45am with me, after getting home from working at the fair the previous night at 3AM. Whew! He is a devoted daddy though, and loves coming to the appointments with me.


Once again, we were met with great news:




  • I gained one pound since the last check up (32.5 lbs to date)


  • Blood pressure: 102/52


  • Fetal heart rate: 150 bpm


  • Fundal height: 36 centimeters


Things are really speeding up now! Starting with this one, my appointments have become weekly now. Also, I got several tests done in preparation for labor. I got a pelvic exam today to test for Group-B Strep (GBS), which involved a vaginal and rectal swab (not as bad as I was anticipating). I will find out the results next week. GBS is a virus that comes and goes rather quickly, and 40% of all women are carrying it at any given time. If I am positive for GBS, I will be given two doses of antibiotics during labor, so I don't pass the virus on to the baby during delivery. I was very happy to find out that even if I am positive for GBS, this will not compromise our waterbirth plans! I also got a finger prick to test my hemoglobin, and had to give them a urine sample.

Some of the most exciting news we got today is that the baby is head down, and in the perfect position for birth! I am 40% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and -1 station. (All you moms out there will be able to interpret this pregnancy jargon!) It all basically means my body is preparing for labor! It could be tomorrow, or it could be 5-6 more weeks! You just never know when that baby is going to decide it's time!

2 comments:

erin said...

You look great!
How are you feeling? Do you need anything?

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous. With a heart rate of 150, it HAS to be a boy! We need to give you lots of adjustments, so your body is FULLY ready for the marathon it is about to partake in! :)

<3 CARA