CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 23, 2007

39 Weeks

My body is gearing up for delivery, I can feel it. Whether that delivery is hours away, or weeks away, I do not know.
My body has undergone a lot of change in the past week. Last week, I felt like I was getting closer to my due date and mentally ready to deliver, but my body didn't feel much different. This week, however, my body is getting ready to deliver as well. This is very encouraging to me. I am very anxious to go to our appointment tomorrow and see what kind of progress I have made.

The mucus plug (bloody show) is done passing. Now I am waiting to feel the trickle (or gush) of my water breaking, or a strong contraction (please, I will take anything!).

I have still been experiencing quite a few Braxton-Hicks contractions everyday. Some days bring far more than others.

The itchiness of my stretch marks has somewhat subsided over the past few days. I still keep my Mentholatum and cold pack nearby, but I am not needing them quite so frequently. (Praise God!) My belly feels SO HEAVY. Every time I turn over at night, I feel like I just might pull a muscle because of all the weight of my belly. It will be nice to transfer that weight into my arms, and not have it strapped to my belly at all times!

Lately, several people have told me to enjoy these last few days without a baby. I can completely understand their advice, but at this point, I am really ready to meet this baby. I am so uncomfortable all the time, that there is very little hope of enjoying my time in this state (uncomfortable is really not a strong enough word...) I have enjoyed my time being pregnant, but now I am completely ready to move on to the next stage of this beautiful process. I am anxious to meet our child-- the beautiful creation God has been growing inside of me.

3 comments:

kristi noser said...

I second the motion.
C'mon Presh!

Unknown said...

Have you tried raking leaves or chopping wood? ;) I can't wait any longer! It's time to see this little one!

Katie R. said...

Rondi Feyereisen had much success with spicy food prefacing a birth? Sarah always told me stories while I babysat.