CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 24, 2007

39 Week Check-up

I am SO PROUD of the progress my body has made over the past week!! Here is what we found out at our 39-week check-up...

Blood Pressure: 102/56
Weight gain: 1.5 lbs (36 lbs total)
Fetal heart rate: 132 bpm
Fundal Height: 37 cm

(Now for the exciting stuff...)
70% effaced
3cm dilated
-1 to 0 station

I was very excited to find out how much I progressed this week, and so was my midwife. I could tell my body was changing and it was wonderful to hear her tell me what changes had taken place.


I have been crampy again today-- another indication that labor isn't too far away. This morning, the house got yet another thorough cleaning, though this time it was not out of desire. Our three animals make quick work of destroying any level of cleanliness I achieve, and thus it was necessity that urged me into action this morning. After getting out of bed, and surveying the house, I burst into tears at the thought of cleaning everything AGAIN. So with tears streaming down my face, I wandered from room to room grabbing at messes and hurling them into their proper place while scolding each item for all its faults. I had somewhat of a meltdown. After the tears ran dry, I calmed down, turned on the radio and enjoyed the rest of the morning cleaning to music. I forced myself to think about why I was cleaning-- to prepare a safe, healthy home for our baby. That seemed to make things a little better.

Tomorrow night, Jared and I have a "labor date." We are going to put into practice any and every natural method of encouraging labor that we can. We are going to have this baby by Wednesday-- that's the plan. Here is what we have so far:

-Go for a rigorous mile-long walk
-Eat spicy tacos for dinner
-Push on my ankles
-Hanky panky

If you have any more to offer, we will try it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Try throwing firewood for a couple of hours....It worked for mom to get you to come out!

Papar

erin said...

Wednesday, huh?
Do aerobics with Emma today. Jumping jacks couldn't hurt...? Or could they?
I'm so glad you had an encouraging visit. I am keeping you in my prayers and my phone nearby at all times!

Cara said...

Every Momma gets these desires when labor is eminent. I still say you want it in there as long as possible!!! They are so much easier and cheaper when they are just hangin' out in utero! :) I know the feeling of absolute misery though towards the end, so for your sake I will pray that in God's time, and when the baby is biologically ready for the delivery process, that those contractions will be regular!!!